Monday, April 26, 2010

Long Run Dilema

This week (Training Week 8), I am scheduled for track, tempo and long runs, but I also have the Second Empire Classic 5K on Sunday May 2nd (afternoon). My long run this week is meant to be 14 miles @8.55 and next week (May 9th) is going to be 10 miles @ 8.55. The next weekend (May 16th) is the final run of the Second Empire Series - the Half Marathon. I like to do my long runs on Sunday normally, just because it is hard to find the time on a work day to run for 2 hours.

Given that I want to run the Second Empire Classic 5K hard in order to get as many points as possible in the standings (I have a good chance of placing in my age group overall), there is no way I can run 14 miles the day before the race on Saturday.

I think I have a few options:
#1: Move my 14 mile run to the middle of next week and drop the 10 mile run next week.
#2: Drop my 14 mile run completely, and go with the 10 mile run next week.
#3: Replace my Thursday tempo run this week with my 14 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment