Friday, April 20, 2012

Half Marathon do-over

I haven't been able to get rid of the feelings of disappointment and annoyance about my performance at the RunRaleigh Half Marathon all week, so I have decided the best thing to do is sign up for another Half Marathon and have another go at meeting my goal time.

While the course for the Midtown Half Marathon (June 3rd) might be flatter for the most part, the weather will be warmer and mostly likely more humid so overall it won't be much different to what I faced at the RunRaleigh Half Marathon.

I have a few weeks to get used to the warmer temperatures (assuming the heat returns to Raleigh sometime soon) and already have a great base in place so I plan on just running my weekend trail, tempo, track and long runs to maintain the speed that I have already built up.

This time I'll break 1:35!

No comments:

Post a Comment