Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Richmond Deferral and Fall Plans

I had planned on running the Richmond Half Marathon in November, but with our family's latest addition expected to arrive right around that date, I have deferred my entry until 2013. Family is always most important and I need to be at home and there is no way I am going to Richmond either with Liz 9 months pregnant or with a baby that is only a few days old.

After the Midtown Half Marathon in a couple of weeks (June 3rd), the summer temperatures will have taken hold in Raleigh and races will become few and far between (not that I have much desire to race when it is 90 degrees in the shade).

I have been thinking about what I want to train towards in the Fall this year and have decided to try and train over the summer to run as fast as I can at the Magnificent Mile in Raleigh in mid September. I haven't ever competed in a mile race, so it will be something different. I am also considering the RunRaleigh 8K is two weeks before the mile race.

After the Magnificent Mile, I plan on sticking to 5K's until the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment