Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Goals

2010 was a very successful year of running for me. I set new PR's at 5K, 10K and Half Marathon, transitioned to minimalist running shoes and changing my running form. However, I missed out on running a Marathon due to injury, and want to avoid making the same mistakes again in 2011. So, I am going to keep my running goals simple this year.

1. Run a Marathon.

2. Run a sub 1 hour 40 minute Half Marathon

3. Not gain any weight in 2011: Starting weight 153lb (10st 13lb).

Injury prevented me from running a Marathon in 2010, so the goal of running a Marathon has a number of sub-goals attached to it:

1a. Listen to my body and rest whenever I need to, regardless of my training schedule.

1b. Run the easy miles slowly. I have a tendency to run the easy miles faster than 90 seconds slower than Marathon pace that I should be running them at.

1c. Avoid running too many races. I ran too many hard miles in race conditions in 2010 which I believe contributed to my injuries.

I can't wait for 2011 to arrive and to start my Half Marathon training on New Year's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment