Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ICE

My Half Marathon training program has come to a grinding halt today due to 1/8th of an inch of ice that appeared on roads, sidewalks and everything else last night. I have run in snow, slush and small patches of ice this year already, but a full covering of ice would be like trying to run on an ice rink! Hopefully temperatures will get high enough over the next couple of days to melt the ice, and I can get back to running. I do have a couple of travel days for work coming up, so the ice might not be the only disruption to my training.

Luckily, the weather forecast was good enough that I planned ahead and didn't miss my scheduled 'quality' workout (tempo run, track workout or long run) - I moved the tempo run that I should have had today to yesterday instead!

Today is Day 11 of my Half Marathon training program, and although my calves found the first 10 day cycle hard, I was able to complete all of the scheduled runs and apart from running my tempo miles much to fast, everything went well.

Days 1-10 (Cycle 1)
-------
1: Tempo Workout (20 minutes) - 7 miles with tempo miles of 7:12, 7:34, 7:06
2: Rest/Cross-Train - Rest
3: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles @ 8:45
4: Speedwork (3 x 800) - 3 x 1/2 mile: 3:09, 3:10, 3:09
5: Cross-Train - Yoga
6: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles @ 8:59
7: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles @ 8:39
8: Long Run (6-8 miles) - 7 miles @ 8:47
9: Rest - Rest
10: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles with tempo miles of 7:04, 7:10, 6:58

No comments:

Post a Comment