Sunday, February 20, 2011

Half Marathon Training - Days 41-50

I started this cycle with a few rest days and avoided the hard workout to allow my legs and back some time to recover from the fatigue I had been feeling in the previous cycle. When I was ready to return to running, I was in Chicago for work and had no choice but to use the Treadmill. I ran in my Nike Free's as I had decided that I was done with my Saucony's (more on that decision in another post) and had no issues or fatigue. When I returned home from my trip I ran 5 miles at a faster than normal Easy pace (again in my Nike Free's).

On Saturday I ran for the first time in my new New Balance Minimus Trail shoes on the Trails in Durant Nature Park. It was nice to run off road again and although I took a few wrong turns, the trails were in good condition and my new shoes felt great! I'd like to run two of my four 'easy runs' on the trails if the weather permits. I think it would be good for my legs and feet to run on a more forgiving surface and the trails certainly are more fun!

Cycle 2
-------
1: Tempo Workout (25 minutes): Rest
2: Rest/Cross-Train - Rest
3: 5 miles Easy - 3 miles Easy (Treadmill)
4: Speedwork (12 x 400) - Rest
5: Cross-Train -Yoga
6: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles Easy (Treadmill)
7: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles Easy (Treadmill)
8: Long Run (10-12 miles) -5 miles Easy
9: Rest - Rest
10: 5 miles Easy -5 miles Easy (Trail)

No comments:

Post a Comment