Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hoping that August isn't cursed!

I haven't had much luck running in August over the last couple of years, in fact, I have logged 9 and 0 miles in the last two years in the month of August due to injury.

In 2009 I slipped on a curb in Houston (an event that is now referred to as the 'Houston Shuffle' in our house), tweaked my right ankle and stretched my Achilles tendon. I tried running on it, made it worse and eventually had to take a break from running.

In 2010 I fell foul to the "too much, too fast, too soon" mistake when I attempted to train for the Marine Corps Marathon and hurt my left Achilles tendon and then my right shin and calf muscle. These injuries started in May and by the time I got to August I had deferred my Marine Corps entry and stopped running to allow my body to heal.

So, we are now just a few days away from August 1st, 2011 and I am hoping that I get to September 1st, 2011 in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment