Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Marathon Training Week 12

Oops, I guess I forgot to post this blog entry! This week I was in Phoenix (again).

I had decided to stay at a different hotel and ran 5 miles outside at 5:15am on Tuesday and Thursday. Before sunrise is about the only time that I would even consider running in Phoenix, and even then it was still in the low 80s. Luckily there was no humidity at all and I covered the miles at an easy pace without a problem.

I continued my twice daily stretching and self massage routine and felt that I would be ready for a 12 mile run with Steph in Umstead on Sunday.

Given that the weather has cooled down nicely in Raleigh now, we were able to head to Umstead later than normal (8:00am) and did an out and back route instead of a loop that would have involved the hill on Turkey Creek and a long walk back to the car! My legs felt great throughout the run and we breezed along at a sub 10:00 pace.

Total miles for Week 12: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment