Tuesday, November 8, 2011

City of Oaks Marathon - Result

I finished 26.2 miles in 3:54:43, well under my secret goal of 4 hours!

I will write up a race report later this week, but the highlights are that Steph and I started with the four hour pace group but let them go on ahead after 3 miles when they were going faster than we wanted. Steph had been struggling with Plantar Fasciitis for a couple of weeks and it flared up at mile 6 and she had to stop. I got through miles 6-22 without any major issues, passing Liz and Jack three times on the course before the hills that I had run up and down started to have an effect on my legs (mainly my quads) and I was forced to run/walk the remaining 4 or so miles in to the finish. Steph rejoined me with two miles left and ran through the pain to help me get to the finish line where Liz and Jack were waiting to cheer me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment