Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Current Shoes

I have three different pairs of running shoes that I wear at the moment, depending on what type of workout I am doing and I feel that they are a great combination for me at the moment.

For trail running, I have a pair of New Balance Minimus Trail (MT10) shoes. I bought these shoes a year ago and it took my legs (calves) a while to get used to the 4mm heel-toe drop and very minimal design. I have been running once a week (6-7 miles) on the trails since the start of the year and I feel like it has improved my form and leg strength.

New Balance MT10

For track running, I have a pair of Nike Free 3.0 v3 shoes. These are a more minimal, lower to the ground with less support version of the Nike Free Run that I have been running in since 2010. I had a different pair of the 3.0's in 2011, but they were a half size too small and I found them uncomfortable to run in.
Nike Free 3.0 v3
For tempo, easy and long runs, I have a pair of Brooks Pure Flow shows. The "Pure" line is Brooks' most minimal line of running shoes and I decided to give them a try after reading lots of good things about them on other blogs. So far I have put 64 miles on them including long runs of 12 and 14 miles and can safely say that I can't imagine running these workouts in any other shoe now as they are comfortable and while I can still feel the road, my calves feel great at the end of a long run.
Brooks Pure Flow

No comments:

Post a Comment