Monday, August 23, 2010

Injury Update

After nearly four weeks of not running, I decided to take my new running shoes for a short mile run along the greenway on Saturday morning. The run itself was fine and my knee and shin felt good throughout. However, as the day went on, the pain below my knee came back first, followed by the tightness and pain in my soleus muscle. I have to travel this week, but I am going to set up an appointment at the doctor for the following week to find out whether it is the soleus muscle causing the knee pain or whether it is the knee pain causing the soleus pain or whether I have two different injuries.

What is clear is that even with nearly four weeks without running, my soleus muscle certainly hasn't healed. I am going to cut out the cycling this week, and go with swimming and upper body weights only and see what the doctor has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment