Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Marathon Deferment

Unfortunately it is with great sadness that I have come to the decision to defer my entry in the Marine Corps Marathon until 2011.

There are currently only 74 days until the 2010 Marine Corps Marathon and I haven't run a mile in a long time. My leg problems still haven't gone away completely and there simply isn't enough time to train to be able to complete the marathon in the way that I want to.

I have learn't a lot from this experience - mainly that ignoring even the slightest new niggle or pain isn't a good idea. If I had paid more attention to the pain in my shin and calf and rested, I probably wouldn't be in this situation.

I have a number of different options of what to do this fall instead of the Marine Corps Marathon, but they all are based on a full recovery from this injury that I currently have at the moment.

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress as I recover from injury and get back to running again (hopefully soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment