Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Orthotics Update

My return to running has gone well so far. After my first week of runs less than 1.5 miles, I increased to 2 miles (Saturday) and then to runs of 20 minutes (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday). The following week, I decided at the beginning of the week to run the IBM 5K on the Saturday, so I only ran once during the week (3 miles on Wednesday).

I have been careful to stretch before and after my runs and not to over do it with my strengthening exercises on non-running days. I did do one session of "jumping exercises" and my legs were very tired for the next two days so I made sure I didn't do anything else until my legs were back to normal.

I ran the IBM 5K last Saturday in 21:52 which was a nice surprise as I had no idea whether I had lost any speed over the summer - I guess I haven't!

I had plans to run today (Tuesday), but I am currently fighting the flu. I am going to wait until I am 100% before I go for another run as I am in no rush these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment