Friday, April 8, 2011

Half Marathon Training - Days 81-90

I really wanted to get a relatively hard 15 mile long run in during this cycle so I dropped the majority of the easy runs to give me the best chance of getting through it in one piece! The course map for the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon had been released and it was a little more hilly than I had hoped and even has a fairly large hill at mile 9.

Due to the weather I was unable to get out on to the track for the track workout, so I did two tempo runs in this cycle.


With the hilly race course in mind, I changed my long run route to have some more hills throughout and settled on a 3 mile Greenway to Durant loop that I ran 5 times. The run went well and I worked on keeping my effort level the same regardless of whether I was going uphill or downhill and I did better at it than I typically do (I typically run harder up the hills in an attempt to keep my pace up). I'll need to do better or race day or I won't have anything left for the last 4 miles!

Cycle 3
-------
1: Tempo Workout (30 minutes): 6 miles, 4 @ Tempo: 7:27, 7:26, 7:28, 7:19
2: Rest/Cross-Train - Rest
3: 5 miles Easy - Rest
4: Speedwork (3 x 1600) - 5 miles, 3 @ Tempo: 7:35, 7:28, 7:28
5: Cross-Train -Yoga
6: 5 miles Easy - 5 miles @ 8:28
7: 5 miles Easy - Rest
8: Long Run (12-15 miles) - 15 miles @ 8:20
9: Rest - Rest
10: 5 miles Easy - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment