Monday, April 11, 2011

Half Marathon Training - Days 91-100

I hadn't really paid much attention to the schedule for the Taper week before I actually got to it, so it was quite a surprise that there were still Tempo and Track workouts! For the first time in this training cycle, I decided to make some significant changes to the schedule and cut the Track workout and one of the Easy runs so I would have chance to rest before the big day.

I didn't have a problem with not running much during this 10 day cycle as I had taken on the task of painting the guest bathroom, which quickly turned in to a huge job when I discovered that the existing paint was actually paint on top of wallpaper and I would have to remove the wallpaper to get the results I wanted! In a normal room this wouldn't have been an issue, but in a bathroom where I spent a couple of hours for three days straight balanced on my toes on the edge of the bath tub removing the paint and wallpaper from the areas that I couldn't get the ladder to my legs felt really tired - so tired that I actually didn't work in the bathroom on Friday or Saturday so my legs could rest!

Taper:
-------
1: Tempo Workout (20 minutes) - 5 miles, 3 @ Tempo
2: Rest/Cross-Train - Rest
3: 5 miles Easy - Rest
4: Speedwork (3 x 800) - Rest
5: Cross-Train - Rest
6: 4 miles Easy -  4 miles Easy
7: Rest - Rest
8: 3 miles Easy - 3 miles Easy
9: Rest - Rest
10: RACE DAY - 13.1miles @ 7.21

No comments:

Post a Comment