Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Long Run of 2010

After the Kiawah Island Half Marathon, I decided that I needed to incorporate long runs that were longer than 10 miles (90 minutes).

In both of my Half Marathons in 2009, I found the last 3 miles very difficult. I put this down to the fact that I never ran further than 10 miles or for longer than 90 minutes during training, and my body was not used to the additional 3 miles that I needed to do on race day.

Today I ran for 1 hour, 40 minutes and covered 11.62 miles. Map

Another change I am going to make in 2010 is the use of "GU's or Gels". I have run without them up until now, but I feel that I will get a big benefit during long runs and more importantly, during races from the additional carbohydrates. Elizabeth bought me a selection of different flavors for Christmas, and I will be trying them out over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment