Saturday, January 2, 2010

Second Empire Grand Prix Series (Spring)

This spring I will be participating in the Second Empire Grand Prix Series of races.

There are 8 races in total (six 5K's, one 10K and one Half Marathon) starting next weekend and running until mid-May. I will get points in a race based on my finishing time compared to the time of the winner. The best 6 of my scores will be used to calculate my final score and I will be ranked overall and in my age group.

I did a couple of races last year that happened to be part of the 2009 Grand Prix Series but my Half Marathon training was my focus and I didn't get a chance to run more. This spring I am going to use the Grand Prix Series as something to keep me focused as I train for the Shamrock Half Marathon in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment