Friday, January 1, 2010

Goals for 2010

As 2010 begins, I have decided to set myself a few goals for the year. These aren't the typical "eat less chocolate" new years resolutions; these are things that I'd like to achieve this year...

1. Buy a new, bigger house: This is our #1 family goal for 2010. We currently live in a lovely 2 bedroom house in an excellent location. However, we are going to need a bigger house in the years to come, and we want to take advantage of the cheaper prices at the moment.

2. Not gain any weight in 2010: Okay, well I guess this is kind of a new years resolution, but after gradually getting my weight right, I want to keep it that way!

3. Run a sub 1:45:00 Half Marathon: After going from 1:54 in my first Half Marathon to 1:50 in my second, I think it is a good goal to want to run at 8:00 minute mile pace for 13.1 miles.

4. Run a 5K dressed as a Hot Dog: According to my race log, I have run 11 5Ks in the last 15 months. I have lined up on the start line for nearly all of those races with my PR in the back of my mind and focused on running hard to try to beat it. I focus on my stride and breathing and monitor the mile splits while I am running and barely even pay attention to the other runners. So, I have decided to select an appropriate race and run dressed as a hot dog and simply enjoy running with other people without a finishing time in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment