Sunday, January 24, 2010

Biggest Loser

We got the Biggest Loser game for our Nintendo Wii for Christmas, and I have to admit that I am addicted. I have been using the workout routines as my non-running workouts and so far they seem to be really working.

Since October, I have been restricting my running workout days to three per week. One long run, one tempo run and one speed workout. I did this because I had found it hard to run 5 days a week without hurting something and having to take time off. I spent weeks nursing a swollen Achilles tendon over the summer and I found that three runs a week worked much better for me and I haven't had any major problems since I cut my days of running down.

I have been looking for other things to do on my non-run days, and I think I have found the perfect solution with these Biggest Loser workouts. I selected a 12 week training program at the beginning of 2010 (with Jillian as my trainer and Bernie as my avatar). Each week I do at least 3 30 minute exercise programs with the Wii Fit and compete in challenges. If I do well, Bernie loses weight and doesn't get eliminated. Each week the exercise programs get harder and work on the muscles in different ways.

I feel stronger and am seeing improvements in my tempo runs and speed workouts as a result of adding these Biggest Loser workouts and my hip stretches. Oh, Bernie is still losing lots of weight each week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment