Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Marathon Training Week 8

Monday: Planned: Rest - Actual: Rest
Complete rest day - flew to Phoenix

Tuesday: Planned: 4 miles - Actual: Rest
I have now developed pain on my right leg at the point that the Achilles Tendon meets the heel. This is different to the left leg where the pain is higher up the Achilles.


Wednesday: Planned: 8 miles - Actual: Cycling

I woke up pain free so I decided to cycle for 30 minutes on the stationary bike in the hotel gym

Thursday: Planned: 4 miles - Actual: 3 miles (Treadmill)
Another pain free morning, so I decided to run on the hotel treadmill. The ache on the left leg appeared only after I finished running.
Stats: 3 miles, 27:00, 9:00/mile average pace

Friday: Planned: Rest - Actual: Rest
Complete rest day.

Saturday: Planned: 8 miles  - Actual: 8 miles
I found a gap in the Hurricane Irene rain and wind to get 8 miles in and as I had been relatively pain free since Thursdays run, I decided to run a flat 8 miles. The left leg ache appeared towards the end of the run, but otherwise I felt fine.
Stats: 8 miles, 1:09:26, 8:40/mile average pace

Sunday: Planned: 17 miles - Actual: 17 miles
Knowing that Week 9 would most likely be a rest week, I decided to go for my long run with Steph even though I wasn't completely pain free. The run itself went really well and although the aches came and went throughout the run, they never progressed to being painful. However, the pain in the right heel was present when I got home and stayed for the entire day. Week 9 will indeed be a complete rest week with lots of stretching in an attempt to help both Achilles Tendons heal quickly.
Stats: 17 miles, 2:53:42, 10:13/mile average pace

Total for Week 8: 28 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment