Sunday, March 14, 2010

Marathon Training - Week 1

Monday: Cardio
Tuesday: 5 miles @8:00/mile (outside, 70F, sunny) map
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 5 miles @7:45/mile (outside, 55F, overcast) map
Friday: Cardio
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 5 miles @7:55/mile (outside, 60F, sunny) map

As you can see from my running log, this week wasn't a typical week as I reduced my milage in preparation for the Shamrock Half Marathon. I had planned to do three easy runs of 5 miles with no speed, tempo or long run sessions at all in order to build up my Glycogen stores for the race.

All three runs were my typical Shelley Lake loop and were completed without anything noteworthy happening. I was able to maintain my Half Marathon pace without a problem and worked on running a consistent pace.

With less than 7 days to go until the Shamrock Half Marathon I feel in great shape and am excited about the opportunity to go under 1:45:00. I will do two easy runs this coming week and head to Virginia Beach on Friday ready for Sunday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment