Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Soccer/Football

It was the first IBM Redbooks soccer/football game of the year last night, and my first game in probably 12 months. I had stopped playing for a couple of reasons; mainly that I didn't want to get injured and have to take time off of training, and secondly that I was getting annoyed at having my ankles and shins kicked for two hours a week.

I went in to the game knowing that I had run 13.1 miles the day before and that I needed to go easy and try to avoid running up and down for the entire game.

In the end, I managed to avoid too much running and got a decent two hour work out and a low intensity which is exactly what I had been hoping for. More importantly, I had some fun, I didn't strain any muscles and I didn't have my ankles or shins kicked too much. As for my game, it was obvious that I hadn't played in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment