Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Team Fisher House

I have today become a member of "Team Fisher House" for the 2010 Marine Corps. Marathon (you can visit my fundraising page here for more information on the Fisher House Program).

Basically, the Fisher House Program provides free housing and food at major military medical centers for the families of military personnel that are injured or sick. This is an expense that is not covered by the Government and without the help of the Fisher House Program, many families would be unable to visit their loved ones in their time of most need. It costs $10 a provide food and housing for a family for one night in one of the Fisher Houses.

I will receive support throughout my training and have a great group of people to experience the marathon weekend with.

Please visit my fundraising page and contribute what you can even if it's only small, every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment